- July 15, 2021
- Posted by: Stratford Team
- Category: Business
- Tattoo and piercing studios are seeing a swell of customers as the pandemic subsides.
- Shop owners told Insider they’re seeing lines out the door and they’ve had to turn customers away.
- They attribute the surge to clients wanting to memorialize lost loved ones or to feel alive again.
- See more stories on Insider’s business page.
Paul Collurafici is busier than he’s ever been in 44 years in the tattoo industry.
Collurafici is the owner of Tattoo Factory, a piercing and tattoo studio in Chicago’s Uptown neighborhood. The shop was closed for about five months during the pandemic — since it reopened, Collurafici estimates he’s seen a 30% spike in customers.
“We open at 10 in the morning. There’ll be 20 people waiting out front…figuring they could be the first one in,” he told Insider.