- June 26, 2021
- Posted by: Stratford Team
- Category: Economy
- Some elements of the pandemic-era economy are likely to stick around well after the recovery.
- Experts warned the post-crisis economy would be different, and now it’s becoming clear how.
- From remote work to a red-hot housing market, 4 fundamental shifts could be permanent.
- See more stories on Insider’s business page.
The post-pandemic economy is taking shape.
Fifteen months after the US first plunged into lockdown, the economy is well on its way to a complete reopening. Spending is up, businesses are rehiring, and Americans are — slowly — returning to work. Economists largely agree that economic output will grow at the fastest rate since the 1980s this year.
Yet experts have warned the recovery will occur in a country that is permanently changed. Americans should brace for “a different economy,”…