Business owner credits employees’ fast thinking during Saturday night fire

MADISON, Ala. — It’s the usual busy weekend night at Champy’s Famous Fried Chicken on Madison Boulevard.

Authorities investigate 10 fires across Madison County

Employee Aaron Moll, a recent Bob Jones High School graduate, leaves the kitchen to take a bathroom break.

“And then as I came to the men’s bathroom, I tried opening the door, and before I got to it a man came out,” Moll said. “And when the door opened up, there was like four foot tall flames just coming at me. And first I didn’t know what happened, I was just confused. Just in complete shock.”

Moll then alerted his coworkers, who brought the fire extinguisher before it was too late.

“I’m here all the time. It’s just my job,” Moll said.

Person of interest detained after Huntsville Dollar General catches fire

The restaurant’s owner Eugene Jung said that quick thinking gave plenty of time for him to handle the building…

Read more…