- June 25, 2021
- Posted by: Stratford Team
- Category: Business
- Royal Caribbean’s Celebrity Cruises rolled back its COVID-19-vaccine mandate for Florida cruises.
- Unvaccinated passengers will face onboard restrictions, COVID-19 tests, and extra costs.
- Cruise lines and Florida have been in a heated standoff over vaccine passports.
- See more stories on Insider’s business page.
Royal Caribbean Group’s Celebrity Cruises has rolled back its COVID-19-vaccine mandate for cruises sailing out of Florida ports, according to a June 17 update on Celebrity’s website.
The vaccine-mandate reversal is the latest update in a heated battle between cruise lines and the state, which has banned vaccine passports. But there’s a catch: Unvaccinated passengers — or those unwilling to show proof of the vaccine — will face onboard restrictions, extra COVID-19 tests, and additional…