- July 7, 2021
- Posted by: Stratford Team
- Category: Business
Mastercard and BNY Mellon warmed to bitcoin on Thursday, supporting XRP, ether and other cryptocurrencies
Yuriko Nakao/Getty Images
- Ether could overtake bitcoin as the dominant digital store of value in the coming years, Goldman Sachs said in a Tuesday note.
- Ether “looks like the cryptocurrency with the highest real use potential,” Goldman argued.
- “This competition among cryptocurrencies is another risk factor that prevents them from becoming safehaven assets,” Goldman said.
- Sign up here for our daily newsletter, 10 Things Before the Opening Bell.
Ether’s real use cases give it the potential to become the dominant digital store of value in the coming years, Goldman Sachs said in a note on Tuesday.
The bank believes ether “currently looks like the cryptocurrency with the highest real use potential as Ethereum, the platform on which it is the native digital currency, is the most popular development platform for smart contract applications,” according…