- July 10, 2021
- Posted by: Stratford Team
- Category: Business
- Fully vaccinated Americans don’t need booster shots right away, US health agencies said on Thursday.
- Pfizer announced earlier that day that it plans to seek authorization for a booster next month.
- The spread of the Delta variant has raised concerns about how long vaccine protection lasts.
- See more stories on Insider’s business page.
Pharmaceutical companies and disease experts increasingly disagree about when booster shots might be necessary.
Pfizer announced Thursday that it plans to seek authorization for a booster shot next month. But in a joint statement later the same day, the Food and Drug Administration and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said Americans don’t need boosters right away.
Pfizer anticipates that a third dose of its existing coronavirus vaccine could be given six to…