- June 27, 2021
- Posted by: Stratford Team
- Category: Business
- Senate candidate Sean Parnell said that the military has been “colorblind” for “almost 200 years.”
- The military was not formally desegregated until President Harry Truman issued an executive order in 1948.
- On Fox News, Parnell railed against critical race theory, blasting it as a divisive discipline.
- Sign up for the 10 Things in Politics daily newsletter.
For generations, millions of US soldiers have fought valiantly for the country, hoping to defend democratic freedoms across the world.
However, for much of the early 20th Century, the military was racially segregated, with its formal integration put into place by President Harry Truman in 1948.
During Friday’s episode of “Tucker Carlson Tonight” on Fox News, Sean Parnell, a veteran and GOP candidate for the 2022 Pennsylvania US Senate race, had an…