- July 17, 2021
- Posted by: Stratford Team
- Category: Business
Certification Process. Most providers charge a fee for a certification that lasts two years. The steps to becoming a certified minority-owned business include:
Eligibility. Small businesses that are considered eligible include:
- 51 percent minority- or disabled-owned.
- Proof of permanent residency or citizenship.
- Legal for-profit entity in the U.S.
- Home-based businesses as well as those in offices and retail spaces.
Documents Typically Required. The documents required by the different certification providers varies. Typically, during the certification process, small-business owners are asked to provide:
- Financial documents,…