- June 25, 2021
- Posted by: Stratford Team
- Category: Business
LOS ANGELES — Chris and Christine Dane had just shut down their restaurant Lucky Bird at the Grand Central Market for the second time due to the coronavirus pandemic when Christine received an unlikely message on LinkedIn.
What You Need To Know
- Lucky Bird, a Grand Central Market stall, opens a second location and first brick-and-mortar in Eagle Rock
- Founded by Chris Dane, Lucky Bird aims to elevate the fried chicken marketplace with a “California-inspired style” fried chicken
- Lucky Bird is being backed by the co-founders of Wetzel’s Pretzels and Blaze Pizza
- Rick Wetzel likens Lucky Bird similar to high-quality eateries such as Mendocino Farms and Tender Greens
Elise Wetzel, the co-founder of Blaze Pizza and wife of Wetzel’s Pretzels co-founder Rick Wetzel, wanted to learn more about Lucky Bird.
“Hi, this is Elise Wetzel,” the message read. “We’d love to connect with the two of you…”
Christine was shocked. She knew all about Elise and her…