- July 12, 2021
- Posted by: Stratford Team
- Category: Business
- A Michigan mayor defended spending $4,500 of public money on an open bar for his daughter’s wedding.
- LeRoy Burcroff, the mayor of Romulus, said his daughter’s wedding doubled as a campaign event.
- Burcroff has since repaid the expenses, his attorney said.
- See more stories on Insider’s business page.
The mayor of a Michigan city has defended spending $4,500 of campaign funds for an open bar at a yacht club for his daughter’s wedding, saying it doubled as a campaign event, ABC News affiliate WXYZ reported.
Romulus Mayor LeRoy Burcroff admitted for the first time this week that $4,500 had been used specifically to fund an open bar at Belleville Yacht Club.
Despite the fact Burcroff has now reimbursed the money, his attorney Daniel Wholihan told WXYZ that the wedding was a campaign event because many…