- September 27, 2021
- Posted by: Stratford Team
- Category: Economy
– GBP/USD towards bottom of 2021 range
– Commerzbank sees support likely holding
– But warns of “BIG” breakdown point
Image © Adobe Images
- GBP/USD reference rates at publication:
- Spot: 1.3683
- Bank transfers (indicative guide): 1.3304-1.3400
- Money transfer specialist rates (indicative): 1.3560-1.3615
- More information on securing specialist rates, here
- Set up an exchange rate alert, here
The Pound-to-Dollar exchange rate starts the new week at 1.3670 which places it towards the bottom of a range that has held since February, but one technical analyst says notable support located nearby will remain hard to crack.
Analysis from Commerzbank shows 1.3557/78 to be a near-term line in the sand for the Pound-Dollar exchange rate, confirmed by a bounce from this region towards the end of the previous week.
“GBP/USD recovered last week from the 1.3557/78 July low, February low and long term Fibo, which suggests a reluctance to break down at this stage,” says…