- July 6, 2021
- Posted by: Stratford Team
- Category: Business
July 6 (Reuters) – The following are the top stories on the business pages of British newspapers. Reuters has not verified these stories and does not vouch for their accuracy.
– Toscafund Asset Management, which owns 5.4% of Spire Healthcare Group Plc, said it will reject a sweetened 1 billion pounds ($1.39 billion) takeover offer of the private hospital chain from Australian firm Ramsay Health Care. https://bit.ly/3wj47dC
– The BBC is expected to announce a 10% drop in pay for its highest-earning presenters, with the number of people on 150,000 pounds falling slightly. https://bit.ly/3qP9twj
– Nexperia, a Dutch firm owned by China’s Wingtech Technology Co Ltd, said that it had taken full control of Newport Wafer Fab, the UK’s largest producer of silicon chips, which are vital in products from televisions and mobile phones to cars and games consoles. https://bit.ly/3wed8ot
– The Bank of England will only require staff to work in the…