- July 8, 2021
- Posted by: Stratford Team
- Category: Business
July 8 (Reuters) – The following are the top stories on the business pages of British newspapers. Reuters has not verified these stories and does not vouch for their accuracy.
– Royal Dutch Shell Plc is likely to launch share buybacks that could be worth more than $1 billion each quarter, analysts predicted, after the company announced it was ready to “move to the next phase of its capital allocation framework.” https://bit.ly/2ViGWDz
– Sir Philip Green’s wife has received 50 million pounds ($69.01 million) from the remains of her husband’s Arcadia retail empire while unsecured creditors will receive only 10 pence in the pound. https://bit.ly/3hOkYje
– Retailers are urging the government to bring forward changes to self-isolation policies planned for August as they warn of rapidly increasing staff shortages related to COVID-19. https://bit.ly/3hOkYje
– J D Wetherspoon Plc is seeking debt waivers from its lenders for the year ahead,…