- March 5, 2022
- Posted by: Stratford Team
- Category: Economy
Over the past week, the crypto market has been volatile with Bitcoin losing $3K in hours as oil rose more than 20% and a whole host of other commodities rose on supply concerns.
Bond prices rose Friday as investors sought safety in bonds, pushing the 10-year Treasury yield to 1.72%. Over the past week, the dollar index has gained 2%.
A good example of this is the price of crude oil, which reached its highest level in a decade and Brent hit $112 a barrel this week. Despite being offered at a steep discount, Russian oil struggled to find buyers.
- According to data from FTX exchange, BTC/USD has slid to a new March low of $40,551, down 10.2% in two days.
- 68,270 traders were liquidated for the day. A total of $242.16 million was liquidated.
- In terms of value, it was $6.24 million on Bybit – BTCUSD
- The S&P 500 declined 1.4% on the day following declines in European indexes on fears over the security of Ukraine’s nuclear…